štvrtok 18. októbra 2012

I was sitting there on the bridge...

 I drove my bike around the city a little, to see where I could settle down and draw, a composition based on the theme city. I drove through streets, by trees and  as I got onto the bridge, it struck me. I locked by bike, took out my papers and sat on the bitumen floor.
I sat there, in the middle of the pathway...
 I knew, there would be many faces which would stare at me, some with the sense of appreciation, others with misunderstanding. Many cyclists passed by and I felt they were very close to falling of their bikes, little children were pulled away by their busy mums, others expressed appreciation in the form of quite talk behind my back. I could here some wows there and then-in reality. The adorable faces of appreciation made me smile. A young lady walked passed and shared a smile too. Some, found me as an entertainment while waiting for the green lights. But what struck me the most, was a 10 years old boy, who came up to me, and asked whether I am selling my work. When his question was followed by a negative reply, his face went sad and he walked off with dissapointment. 

As he walked off, I was tempted to run after him and give him the sketch. 

He was not afraid to ask and take a closer look...shame adults sometimes rather choose to stare. 
   

photo by vikky.salmon

I have to be honest though. I would not be able to do this in my small hometown. I would not have the courage to go out there. In a bigger city I can hide and be anonymous. I feel more free and open in doing the unusual.

How do you feel about doing the unusual?

18/10/2012 xxx

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára