nedeľa 28. októbra 2012

If you want to study design, you do not have to do it

After last weeks studio lesson, I knew what to expect next. We were told there would be the drawing of nudes coming up. I did not really think about it, although everyone seemed to have questioned be throughout the week about how I feel about what is coming up. I felt relaxed and looked forward to what would happen next, eventhough it was my first time to draw a nude.


This was the first sketch. 20 minutes of work, the proportions were bad, the head was too big and the legs were too short. I knew, there was nothing good to come. All I could do was to leave this and start another one...and hope it will be better. 


The second nude was a big better, my proportions improved. Some of her body parts were too thick or too narrow, the head was too small. 


I am completely in love with this one. As soon as the model settled down I was inspired and could not wait to get started. The pony tail was as if a cherry on the cake. I loved the pose and all that I was helped with was her leg which was sticking out a little in the left. I love the shading of the back, the texture of the pony tail, the backbone shading and simply the whole piece. 

xxx 


The last one was not so effective, but still it was good to work with proportions and improve. I could use the method of splitting the picture into segments depending on the size of her head. 


photos by vikky.salmon

What I have to say, is that this workshop was again something completely different which is a tradition for the studio as it seems. We had an outside lecturer coming in to work with us, again I could get to know a new kind of attitude and explore further. What happened was that he asked me, for how manyth time I was doing it, and my reply saying first was followed by his thumbs up and a smile. It simple made my day. It is the admiration that counts.

28/11/2012 xxx 

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára